- Sign up for zotALERT and make sure to update your contact information if it changes.
- Make or purchase an Emergency Supply Kit.
- Make an Emergency Plan with your family and/or friends in case you need to leave campus.
- Review campus emergency procedures.
- Know the difference between shelter-in-place for hazardous materials incidents and secure-in-place for police related activity.
- Learn relevant building evacuation routes, fire alarm pull-station locations, fire extinguisher locations, and assembly areas for building you are in most often.
Your Role During an Emergency
- Report an emergency or suspicious activity to UCIPD by calling 911 or (949) 824-5223.
- Follow directions given by UCI faculty and staff.
- Check-in with your RA and/or professsor (if you are in class at the time of the emergency).
- Follow directions given by First Responders.
- Check-in with your parents and family members to let them know you are ok.