The UCI Police Department has enjoyed great success in recruiting highly qualified candidates to join our team. We take pride in our community, our department, and the quality of service we provide as a professional law enforcement agency to the members of the University of California, Irvine.
- Must be a United States citizen or permanent resident alien who is eligible and has applied for citizenship.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Possess a valid California driver license with a satisfactory driving record.
- Must be 21 years of age at the time of hire.
- Must not have a felony conviction(s).
- Must be able to pass polygraph, medical, and psychological examinations and an extensive background investigation.
- Must be able to speak and write English clearly to provide information and prepare written reports.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts in all inclement and diverse weather conditions.
The steps below help us identify those individuals best qualified for a career in law enforcement.
Physical Agility Test
Medical and Psychological Examination
Police Chief's Interview