Your residence will be checked on a nightly basis to observe the following:
- Are doors/windows locked?
- Are there damages to the home?
- Are there damages to vehicles parked on the driveway or curb?
- If there are any suspicious circumstances (e.g. door/window ajar, side gate open, etc.)
Vacation Home Security Tips
An empty house is a tempting target for a burglar, so make sure you do your best to have your home look occupied while you are away.
- Do not pack your vehicle the night before. It provides potential thieves an irresistible target.
- Do not leave public messages on social media sites indicating that you're out of town.
- Valuables should not be visible through the windows and doors of your residence.
- Stop all deliveries or arrange for someone to pick up your mail, newspapers, and packages.
- Place your inside lights and a radio on timers so that they go on and off, periodically in the evening hours.
- Consider purchasing renter's insurance that will pay to replace your possessions if they are stolen.
- If you return home and something looks questionable (e.g. a slit screen, broken window, or open door) do not go inside. Call 911 from a safe location.