Community Service Officers (CSO) are available to assist with your campus needs such as weekend door unlocks or general event security. CSOs are specially trained to serve as the extended "eyes and ears" for our police officers. If an emergency should arise, they can use their radios to quickly dispatch for emergency services.
- Provide a safe learning and living environment for UCI.
- Promote and encourage safety within the campus community.
- Provide a positive link between students and the police department.
- Establish an open line of communication on a peer group level.
- Help to deter crime on campus.
- Maintain a positive image for the UCI Police Department.
- Patrolling campus grounds.
- Assisting with community functions and athletic events.
- Providing general security services for special events on campus.
- Conducting nightly safety escorts.
- Opening and closing campus facilities.
- Answering the public's questions.