Commendations and Complaints
We dedicate ourselves to providing the best police service possible and we encourage you to let us know about the quality of service you receive. Our satisfaction survey provides you the opportunity to offer us advice on how we can continue to improve.
- We love hearing stories of extraordinary service provided by one of our team members. Commending the actions of someone is as simple as completing our commendation form or through the University of California Office of the President's (UCOP) online form. Verbal commendations may also be given to an on-duty supervisor. We appreciate you taking the time to share your story with us.
- If you believe the conduct of an employee was inappropriate, you may file a complaint through one of four methods:
- Using our online form
- Completing our pdf form
- Completing the University of California Office of the President's (UCOP) online form
- Completing a paper complaint form which can be found at the UCI Police Department's front lobby
Verbal complaints may be given to an on-duty UCIPD supervisor or by phone at (949) 824-5223. You may also call the UCOP hotline at (844) 680-0578. Anonymous complaints are accepted.
Complaints will result in an investigation, and complainants will be notified of the disposition.
Note: The average time it takes to process and investigate a complaint is between 3 and 6 months; however each case is unique.
- We maintain the last five years of complaints and outcomes on our Complaints Dashboard.